Mittwoch, 8. August 2018

Team Previews: Liverpool


Team Previews: Liverpool





Penalties: Mane, Salah Fabinho, Milner, Firmino
Free Kicks: Henderson, Milner, Alexander-Arnold, Shaqiri
Direct Free Kicks: Oxlade Chamberlain, Milner, Henderson, Salah, Shaqiri, Firmino





We are half way through and this is only our second top 6 team, or should I say top 3? ;) I love Liverpool, I love Salah, I love Klopp (I am a huge Dortmund fan) and I love the way he dictates his philosophy onto a team. It is amazing how similar Liverpool and Dortmund played after just 2 seasons under his reign. I also love their new players, every single transfer makes complete sense and will help them attacking City and that is also where I see them in the end, they are contenders for that top spot. They might end up losing that battle but I am sure about the top 3 finish.




Goalkeeper:


Right, I said all the transfers made sense? Well, kind of! I think the transfer amounts for GKs is becoming ridiculous.  €73 Million? Srsly? Anyway...


Alisson, 5.5 Mil
It is a fair price but I will not play him since I prefer to have 2-3 Liverpool Midfielders/Forwards on the field most of the times.


Defenders:


Some interesting options here but same issue as with Alisson, I prefer to have Liverpools offensive department in my line. BUT, in some match-ups I will throw in some Dijk, TAA or Robertson/Gomez


Midfielders:



What can I say? Watch the rotation and choose your poison.


Salah, 13 Mil.
Is he expensive? Yes! Is he worth it! Definitely! You will read a lot about second season trouble, man to man coverage, doubling...yeah, that happened all the time last season. And tell me, how many goals did he score? Right...!


Mane, 9.5 Mil
Another great option from this amazing Midfield. Should a team really manage to shut down Salah, then he will be the next threat they will have to deal with. He gains some extra upside due to him being on penalties.


Keita, 7.5 Mil
How happy I am with this addition, he is such a great player and I think he is the perfect match for this team and system. I am not sure about his fantasy production yet so I will choose 6-7 Mil options from other teams over him for now, but if you feel like a Liverpool stack, go for it.


And the rest... There will be lots of rotation and we yet have to see who is taking which Set Pieces so mosf the other players will be week by week decisions. Milner at 5.5 Mil. is always worth a shot when playing.

Forwards:



Firmino, 9.5 Mil.
An Eite Forward in this team with a great price tag! In my opinion a must play in week 1, more than Salah.


Sturridge, 6.0 Mil.
An alternative to King, Woods and other 6/6.5 Mil. Forwards? His pre-season looks impressive so far, he is Liverpools scoring leader there, with 6 Goals and 2 Assists against Manu, Napoli, Torino, Blackburn and Chester. If he plays I am intrigued!


Solanke, 5 Mil
Yeah...no! I mean, whenever he played he looked misplaced to me but on the other hand, when you start upfront, in this team, you will get many balls which will lead to many chances, at some point he might net one.


And I am not gonna mention Ings..






Team Previews Quick Links:

ArsenalBournemouthBrightonBurnleyChelseaCrystal PalaceEvertonHuddersfieldLeicester, Liverpool, ManCity, Manu, Newcastle, Southampton, Spurs, Watford, West Ham, The 3 Newbies


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen