Dienstag, 7. August 2018

Team Previews: Everton F.C.

Team Previews: Everton F.C.





Penalties: Baines, Sigurdson, Tosun
Free Kicks: Sigurdson, Baines
Direct Free Kicks: Sigurdson, Baines, Walcott, Davies




Year 1 after the Rooney year...lol!
I think it is good for them that he left and the new Coach, Marco Silva, should be able to finally sort out the mess his predecessors left for him. If he can manage to finally define Sigurdson's role on the field and form a team around him, they should be able to pull a top half performance. They most definitely got the weapons to do so.




Goalkeeper:



Pickford, 5 Mil.
Top 10 Goalkeeper last season and I think he will repeat that performance. He only had 8 Clean Sheets but raked up 120 saves, that was the 3rd biggest number of saves last season only after Fabianski and Ryan. I don't expect a significant improvement on Defense for Everton, but he is just a very good GK and will repeat his performance. If they manage to add 1 or 2 CS more this season, he will probably end up in the top 5 GKs.


Defenders:

Their defensive squad is the opposite of value for me. Baines and Coleman are priced at 5.5 Mil. Keane, Martina, Digne are 5.0 Mil and Holgate, Jagielka and Kenny are 4.5.  Before I have seen what they can do, I won't have any Everton defense in my lines.


Midfielders:



Sigurdson, 7.0 Mil
Those who read my blog before will know that he is one of my favorites and that I really hated seeing him "suffer" last season. He ran around the field like a headless chicken and so did the Toffees.  He dropped from 190 points production at Swansea, to 105 points in way better team. If it wasn't for the Set Pieces, he would have been lost in the number hell with less points than any 4.5 Mil. defensive midfielder. This is my Nr.1 bounce back candidate.



Walcott, 7.0 Mil
Not sure why they have the same price, but ok. He will play his role and he will have a decent season, I just see him slightly below Sigurdson, since he does not have any Set Pieces duties.



Richarlison, 6.5 Mil.
This is a player who might fly under the radar. The former Watford player was someone I tried to use a lot last year but he just couldn't hit the goals despite his great efforts. I thought he played great, was just unlucky with his finishes. I am excited to see him in this team and expect a good year.



Bolasie, 6.5 Mil.
Another good asset with a wrong price. I cannot see me playing him over other players in that price range.



Forwards:



Tosun, 7.0 Mil.
Great forward in a team that will probably do better than last season. He scored 5 Goals in 12 games after he joined Everton in week 23. Could be your 3rd Forward every other week.



Niasse, 5.5 Mil
IF this guy finds a spot in the starting 11, which he SHOULD, then I will play him a lot! I thought he was impressive last season. He only started in 10 games and scored 8 Goals and gave 3 Assists. I expect him to keep this pace. Great price!



Calvert-Lewin, 5.5 Mil
Another talented forward. Will monitor him while the season progresses but for now he would take the back seat behind Niasse for me.







Team Previews Quick Links:

ArsenalBournemouthBrightonBurnleyChelseaCrystal Palace, Everton, Huddersfield, Leicester, Liverpool, ManCity, Manu, Newcastle, Southampton, Spurs, Watford, West Ham, The 3 Newbies

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen