Freitag, 3. August 2018

Team Previews: Burnley Football Club



Team Previews: Burnley Football Club





Penalties: Barnes, Vokes, Wood
Free Kicks: Brady, Hendrick
Direct Free Kicks and Corners: Brady, Gudmundsson


Credit to: https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk


After finishing 7th last year, right behind the "great 6", Burnley managed to qualify to the European Cup. This is a blessing and curse at the same time. Last season Burnley already had a slower second half of the season, only keeping a Clean Sheets 3 times while they kept 8 in the first 19 games. I expect that to happen on a greater scale, due to playing one more competition with the same squad. I am surprised that they did not get active on the transfer market and I hope it does not backfire, as I took a liking to the team over the past 2 years. I think they are doing some solid work and I hope that this European adventure does not break their neck.



Goalkeeper: 


For now it looks like Pope is injured and Heaton takes over. He had a decent 2016 campaign but only played the first 3 games of the last season. Burnley had 11 Clean sheets, I expect that to go down to 8-9. He is not my first choice in the keeper position for 5.0 Mil.



Defenders:

Due to their good performance last season, Mee, Tarkoswki, Ward and Lowton got bumped to 5. Mil. which makes them a little bit less attractive to me. We still got Long for 4.5 Mil. Burnley does have "easy" first 7 weeks, so I can see me playing one or two of those guys. 

They will play Watford at home, Fulham away, Manu at home, Wolves away, Bournemouth at home, Cardiff away, Huddersfield at home before they have to travel to Etihad.



Midfielders:


The Burnley Midfield might look boring on first glance, but Gudmundsson, Brady(Lennon), Hendrick and Co. put up some good numbers last season. The spear head was Gudmundsson as their  Nr.1 Set Pieces taker. He had 2 Goals and 9 Assists. Brady got hurt early in the season which makes it even more surprising that they had such a good run.

Gudmundsson, 6.0 Mil.
Their main threat and he comes at a great price, I will play him many times this season. He is in my "6. Mil." rotation. What I like about him is that he is match-up proof. He performs equally well (Fantasy points wise) against good and bad opponents, mostly because of the Set Pieces obviously. Monitor if he keeps the delivering those Set Pieces since Brady returns.


Brady, 5.5 Mil.
Yeah, this is supposed to be the second possible pick in their Midfield but this has yet to be seen. He was injured most of the season so I will monitor his performance before putting him into my lines.



Forwards:


Here comes your budget relief!


Wood, 6.5 Mil.
What can I say? 10 Goals, 1 Assist. the right addition when you roll Gudmundsson.


Barnes, 6 Mil.
9 Goals last season, no Assists, a pure punt play. Pick wisely.





Team Previews Quick Links:

ArsenalBournemouthBrightonBurnleyChelseaCrystal Palace, Everton, Huddersfield, Leicester, Liverpool, ManCity, Manu, Newcastle, Southampton, Spurs, Watford, West Ham, The 3 Newbies

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen