Donnerstag, 2. August 2018

Team Previews: AFC Bournemouth

AFC Bournemouth




Penalties: Defoe, King, Wilson, Stanislas, Arter
Free Kicks: Stanislas, Arter, Fraser
Direct Free Kicks: Ibe, Fraser, Surman, Stanislas, Daniels, Arter, Pugh




We might be looking at a team that goes down to the Championship. I know that their stats were not bad at all if you look beyond Goals, Errors leading to Goals, Assists etc. but I don't think this is enough to compete in this league. Only 11 points separated them from Swansea and I don't see them trending upwards without any significant transfers.



Goalkeeper:


Begovic had 6 CS last year and scored 137 points. I expect around the same amount for this year. There are lots of better keepers for 4.5 Mil. I can only see me playing him once or twice this season when my salary wont allow for a more expensive one and the better keepers have shitty match-ups. 


Defenders:



They bought Diego Rico, 4.5 Mil. from Leganes and just like the Cherries, they weren't known for a stable defense last season.

We also have N. Ake, 5.0 Mil. S. Cook, C. Daniels and Francis(all 4.5 Mil). None of them excites me, we will find better alternatives with the same price tag somewhere else. But some Cherry fan will play them, I am sure!



Midfielders:



You might throw in some Bournemouth midfield once in a while to support their forwards. Pick your poison once it is has become more clear who is going to take the set pieces. Like this its a mess. 

Stanislas, 6.0 Mil.

Yes, he is a viable pick once in a while and most likely on Set Pieces.

J. Ibe, 5.5

Talented, still Bournemouth.


R. Fraser, 5.5 Mil.

Good winger, one downside -> plays in Bournemouth.

just like Surman and Cook and Pugh or Arter. Cheap...but cheap for a reason. But sometimes you need to squeeze in a 4.5 or 5 Mil. player and you might find him here.



Forwards:



YES! finally some "quality"!


King,6.5 Mil., Wilson, 6.0 Mil and Defoe, 6.0 Mil.

All of them are decent forwards...but, you know...they play for Bournemouth.

That being said, I might consider King or Wilson for my week one line..BUT WHY SASCHA?? WHY??? First off, the match-up. They play at home vs Cardiff, bit of an unknown entity to me, but it should be possible to score a goal or two.

Second, there is not much choice "down there". I cannot go more expensive due to not wanting to drop my Studs. So what is left at the same price or slightly cheaper? Let's have a look, shall we?

Glenn Murray, away...right
Chris Wood...away 
Chicharito..in Liverpool
Bente...ehm ya...I almost considered him..NOT
Perez...vs Spurs..maybe not

6. Mil
Mounie...vs Chelsea, no thanks
Fat boy Deeney...hmm I can see that vs Brighton -> possible pick week 1
Iheanacho vs Manu...naaaaah
Llorente at Newcastle, he scored well in the friendlies, possible pick if he starts
Austin...muahahahah...I'd rather play with 10 players.
Gayle...vs Spurs, that would be a desperation punt

5.5 Mil

Niasse at Wolves...maybe, but I do like me some Wolves so no.

Whoever plays upfront for Wolves might be a possible pick...did I already mention that I like the Wolves this season? If Jota plays upfront, you'd have to spend 6.5 Mil. still good I think.

As you can see, you can make some valid points for playing Bournemouth Forward(s) in week 1. And that's it from Bournemouth. not a very exciting site to me but could give you the cheap options you need here and there.




Team Previews Quick Links:

ArsenalBournemouthBrightonBurnleyChelseaCrystal Palace, Everton, Huddersfield, Leicester, Liverpool, ManCity, Manu, Newcastle, Southampton, Spurs, Watford, West Ham, The 3 Newbies

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen